The Local Education Agency plan is a requirement for receiving federal funding subgrants for No Child Left Behind (NCLB) programs. The LEA Plan includes specific descriptions and assurances as outlined in the provisions included in NCLB. In essence, LEA Plans describe the actions that LEA's will take to ensure that they meet certain programmatic requirements, including coordination of services, needs assessments, consultations, school choice, supplemental services, services to homeless students, and others as required. In addition, the LEA Plan summarizes school goals and activities from the Single Plan for Student Achievement and Title I School-wide Plans developed by each of the LEA's schools.
LEA Plan Goals
The California Board of Education (SBE) has adopted five performance goals upon which the Plan is written. These goals are:
- Goal 1a: To improve academic achievement in English Language Arts (ELA)
- Goal 1b: To improve academic achievement in Math
- Goal 2: English Language Development/EL Master Plan Update
- Goal 3: Improving the achievement of SPED students
- Goal 4: Parent Involvement