Mission, Beliefs, and Responsibilities
The Belmont-Redwood Shores School District's Business Services Department's mission is to support District students, staff, and community members through the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of systems that ensure fiscal and operational integrity, effectiveness, and sustainability.
The Belmont-Redwood Shores School District's Business Services Department's decisions, actions, and strategies are guided by the following core beliefs:
- The Business Services Department is an essential partner in the implementation and achievement of the District's Strategic Plan.
- The Business Services Department's most important role is to ensure the availability of resources for student learning and success.
- Effective fiscal management utilizes strong internal control procedures and attends to operational, facility, and programmatic sustainability.
- Trusting partnerships with taxpayers, oversight bodies, and other local stakeholders require organizational transparency and clear, regular communication.
- Collaboration with local governments and agencies leads to efficient use of community resources and expanded services for students and other community members.
The Belmont-Redwood Shores School District's Business Services Department is responsible for the District's fiscal services, facilities services, and child nutrition services, including the following:
- Fiscal Services: budgeting, payroll, benefits, purchasing, accounts receivable/payable, parcel tax, general obligation bonds, budget advisory committee, citizens' oversight committees, risk management, contracts & agreements
- Facilities Services: maintenance & operations, expansion & modernization, facilities use, joint use agreements
- Food (Child Nutrition Services): food service program, vended meals contracts, National School Lunch Program qualification and reimbursement